Hello all and thanks for this forum!

I am buying my first "hifi" system in the next month. I have done a tremedous amount of research and basically have narrowed down my choices. My budget is roughly $800 for a pair of speakers and an integrated amp. For the amp, I am choosing between the NAD C350 ($350) and a similarly priced Rotel amp (972 model). My speaker choices are NHT 1.5s ($300 now), Axiom M22s, Axiom M3s, and PAradigm mini monitor v3 (~300). I know I am posting on an Axiom board, but can anyone honestly tell me of listening comparisons between these speakers? I have only listened to the NHTs extensively; while I am impressed with their nuetrality, accuracy, and soundstage, I am not impressed with their bass or efficiency (sound muddled at high levels). I am a college student and I listen to everythign from classical (really want a nice soundstage for this- good imaging is a must) to jazz, techno, and classic rock. As I am in college, I do put on parties and I want something that will be able to hit high volumes with little to no degradation in sound quality. Lastly, Can anyone seggust good, quality and inexpensive interconnects and speaker wire? Thanks!!

P.S. At this point, I am leaning towards the M22s, Thanks Axiom for making such fine products at affordable prices.