After reading this thread I went on a quest, of sorts, to find an enjoyable method of shaving. First off, I HATED shaving, and would either grow a beard or just shave once or twice a week. It always seemed to irritate my skin to a point of soreness no matter the razor I tried.

I searched around and finally found what I think is a very enjoyable experience when it comes to shaving. I started out with a cheap boars brush and some VDH shaving soap, bought from Walmart. I kept using the 5 blade contraption I had with the brush and soap. That alone was a much better experience so I took it a bit farther and got to looking at traditional double edge razors.

This lead me to purchasing an Edwin Jagger D89 and an Edin Jagger Best Badger Brush along with some Proraso Shave Cream. When it come to blades after trying several different brands I settled on the Red Pack Personna blades.

I can honestly say not only do I enjoy shaving now; I actually look forward to it every day.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud