Well, I absolutely would never, not to my best friend nor worst enemy, ever say anything like, "awe you bought some crap speakers". I do have more couth than that. As I said in my post, when he sent me the picture all I said was 'the look very nice'. Now I have a policy to try as hard as I can not to lie to my good friends. But that wasn't a lie, they do look nice... I didn't say anything about the way they sound. wink

But here's where my dillema begins... I'm by no means a bible thumper, however I do firmly believe in the old biblical saying, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". So if I were 'ignorant' (ignorance being the absence of knowledge, where as stupidity is ignoring knowledge) about Bose and their misleading marketing, and had either bought some myself or had a set given to me... I feel like a true friend of mine would at least inform me about the misinformation Bose circulates in order to sell their products. Then leave the decission up to me once I was in the 'know'.

I'm not talking about ridiculing their speaker choice. I just have a desire to let them know, somehow, that they may have made their choice based on questionable information at best. Like I said, if they really do like the sound of Bose, as many people do, then I'd be very happy for them. My friend pulls down $250,000 dollars a year, so he could very easily afford Axioms or any other brand speaker for that matter. I just think they're both under the Bose spell where they don't think there is a competitor out there that can touch the sound quality of the Bose system.

So my idea was to have them over for a comparison and tell them that I was curious to know just how good the Bose system really was. During such a comparison I would never make comments such as, "wow, my Axioms really blow those little cube thingy's away don't they"!!! I would agree with you Dakkon, that would come off as rather pompus, and I wouldn't appreciate that sort of atmosphere either.

That's why if I were to have them over for such an event, I would leave any and all conclusions about the two speaker systems up to them to make. If they seemed to like the Bose then I would tell them that they did very well for themselves and congratulate them again on their purchase. But if after hearing the two systems they were to make comments like, "wow I never realized how much different movies/music sound over the Bose, it sounded a lot more natural over your speakers". Then I might explain that Bose speakers really color the sound of the audio signal, and if they prefered a more authentic sound reproduction, they might want to look into another speaker system. But even then I would never word it in such a way that I was looking down on the Bose. Because if they didn't trade it in on something else I wouldn't want them to feel I didn't like their surround sound set-up at their house. I guess it just comes down to me not liking the fact that I feel they've been duped.

I honestly wouldn't care at all if they did prefer the Bose over my speakers. I want them to be happy with what they have reguardless of which brand they own. Maybe I will just leave them alone about it since they do seem happy about the purchase and everything. I don't want to cause any hard feelings over something so silly.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD