Originally Posted By: DreamTheater
So I am hard pressed to hear the "night and day" difference between old Dolby/DTS tracks and their lossless counterparts that many people claim. I have yet to get an educated, non biased reviews on it from others. Do you guys enjoy it, or find it relatively the same as the older codecs? Any references to particular scenes between DVD's and the Blu Ray counterparts also appreciated (that is assuming they didn't change anything in the mix other than giving you the bit for bit identical copy).

I’m with you Eric. I find when I can tell any difference between it’s not the lossless codec but rather that the audio was re-mastered. I have noticed that more Blu-rays have DTS tracks which I have usually preferred to Dolby especially for music. I’ve found the same thing with SACDS vd standard ones.

In my apartment I did a test of 128bit, 192bit and 320bit mp3s against FLAC and the original CDs using my headphones and found that only with the 128 and 192 bit mp3s could I consistently tell the difference with the FLAC or original. With the 320bit I really couldn’t tell the difference. And had I not known I was randomly comparing different bit rates there is no way I would have detected any difference.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1