Since this receiver is on clearance for 999 @ local retailer and it has so many features I am going to snag one this week. My concerns (Dean answered a few of them in another forum and recommended coming on here) are the yamaha only supports 4ohm for the front main spkrs which I am looking at m80's should be enough but was mentioned that I should look at going to the vp180 than the vp150's due to them matching better. My room is huge 15x20 with vaulted ceilings all the way up pass the second floor. I also have a large dinning area that joins the living area. 5-6000 cubic ft I am guestimatin and looking to get an amp for the 4ohm issue in the future is a possibilty
The v3900 does support 6ohm center channel and I am wondering how this would effect the vp180 vs the 150. I think I would not benefit from running the vp180's at 6ohm. Also was looking at svs for the sub. im guessing the plus 12's should be sufficient. I will be 14ft away from the front speakers.

The next concern is the yamaha receiver has bi-amplification. I see on the axiom cust. page you can order the axiom sets with the biamp connection. Should I set these up this way? or use the more traditional way of hooking them up? Thank you for any info/recommendations/help.
Ken

The v3900 does support 6ohm center channel and I am wondering how this would effect the vp180 vs the 150. I think I would not benefit fromc

Last edited by Ken_s; 07/25/10 11:57 AM.