I was drinking a few beers the other day and sitting listening to my m80's. Decided to experiment with placemnet a little. I moved my couch 4" off the back wall. I Scooted the m80's forward so that they were now 1 foot from the back wall instead of 9". I moved the m80's in a little and changed to a VERY slight toe in.

After calibrating everything sounds GREAT. I also moved my center channel a couple of inches higher (all I could manage) and aimed it a little more appropriately.

All of these minor changes resulted in some noticeable improvements. I had been noticing some songs were coming off as slightly over emphasized in the midbass/bass category. This is definitely not the case now and I'm guessing that the change is form increasing the distance of the rear m80 ports to the wall. Even though I moved the m80s a little closer together the sound stage seems to have widened due to the decreased toe in.

Time to go listen some more... I love my 3 year old V2 m80s smile . The release of the V3's didn't make mine sound any worse... wink

-David