Originally Posted By: BobKay
But seriously. How does everyone really feel about AV123?

Dean, I agree completely that you're rightfully glad that no one else will be ripped off and they were giving a bad name to all online audio mfgr's.

However, not fur nuthin', isn't this a rabbid fan base? Don't misundertand. I really enjoy taking part in this forum (the only one ever for me) because topics are soooo all over the solar system, but I'm kinda glad I mindfully ignored all forums when speaker shopping. I had already been diggin' my Axioms for 4 months before I first started lurking.

Aren't these sorts of venues all fan-based, really? I mean, everyone gets really pissed when SolidState shows up and disses our favorite speaker company, nes pas?

Originally Posted By: BobKay

But seriously. How does everyone really feel about AV123?

I think that there is a higher level of animosity here toward AV123 than some other brand’s forums because Axiom was a favorite target of certain AV123 fanboy hyperbole. The myth that Axiom speakers are harsh sounding was spread extensively by AV123 fanboys and some former affiliates with claims like “made my ears bleed.” As a result I for one have experienced much schadenfreude while following their demise.

Quote:

Aren't these sorts of venues all fan-based, really? I mean, everyone gets really pissed when SolidState shows up and disses our favorite speaker company, nes pas?

Every forum, sometimes subforums in large places like AVS tend to have a brand loyalty. The difference is how the members act toward reasonable dissenting opinions. Most members here behave maturely. There are a few who occasionally display fanboyism but for the most part I don’t find it all that rabid here beyond them. Those who actually let the likes of SS get under their skin are just showing their emotional immaturity.

As in any community the group tends to have a norming effect on the behavior of it’s members so certain beliefs become truisms. Go to another forum and you’ll likely find a different set of beliefs. The Axiom forums are no exception. However, most of the time well presented arguments are usually accepted here.

OTOH AV123 in particular and to a lesser degree some of it’s offshoots demonstrate a level of fanboyism bordering on cult like. I’m hoping with the failure of AV123 even the former fanboys who have taken refuge elsewhere will keep their rhetoric toned down. Ironically some of the most rabid fanboy behavior I’ve seen recently is from the DIY crowd.

Cheers,
Just Another Axiom Fanboy (JAAF)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1