txag,

bass is what fleshes out the sound to provide general "warmth"...per the designer of the ELTs, these are designed to be used w/ a sub to fill out the entire bass region...bass tones go as high as 200Hz...based on what you have described, i would not be surprised if the M2 had higher high and mid bass output than the ELT sats although i can't be sure since i haven't measured them in my room before. however if you cue up a CD w/ test tones, i think you'd be surprised with the sound of some of the mid and upper bass tones. they are much higher pitched than most folks think...and often times referred to as midrange when they are actually upper bass.

the ELT sats are weak in bass therefore they do sound thin...especially if the M2s measure close to what their listed specs show. but i still contest that the ELTs are NOT thin in the MIDS. i am certain if you were to throw in some more output from between 200Hz-70Hz, they would sound much "warmer".

again, i'm not saying that one speaker is better or worse than the other, but just trying to get the facts straight. if curtis said the ELTs sound thin due to lack of bass (high, mid and low), i would wholeheartedly agree! that's all...enjoy!