From what I've seen here, I assume I'm very lucky because I have an Axiom dealer in my city. So I had the chance to do A/B comparison of the M22, M40, M50, M60 and M80 before buying.

To make a long story short, I walked in there being sure I was going to buy the M50's but after few A/B comparisons, I was surprised at the difference with the M60's, especially in the details in the mig/high and high range. The 80's were a step up again, but not as big of a step from 60 to 80 than from 50 to 60's. I just had to walk out of the store with empty hands. I decided to wait till I could afford the 60's and went back later. Never looked back again. Just as a side note, the M22's were sounding as good as the M60's in the mid/high range to my ears. Only the low frequency response was a bit lacking. That could be a great solution for you depending on what you are looking for.

Speakers are the biggest player in your audio setup. In the worst case, I think it is better to sacrifice a bit on the components to get the best speakers you can afford.

Read the review made by a user that 'chesseroo' posted the link for. I can relate to what he reports.

Good luck!

: M60 : VP150 : QS8 : EP175 :