When I am standing in front of my 2 seat leather loveseat, pointed directly at my 2 main speakers I hear plenty of really good bass and good over all sound. When I sit down on my loveseat, the perceived bass response is dramatically reduced. And the mid range becomes "nasal". I think the mid range issue is due to the reflective nature of my leather seat, as the effect is not as pronounced when I put a thick blanket over it, but the bass dissapearing is a mystery to me !! I can't figure out why ?? It must be the chair, but how can that be ? when I sit on the very edge of the chair, most , not all, of the bass is heard, but when I sit back in a comfortable fully seated position, the bass is gone ! or very thin compared to standing up or on the edge. I moved my loveseat out of the way and sat on a low back office chair. The sound did thin out a bit at my current listening position, from the room acousics, but I could still hear fairly decent bass. The chair might be the issue but I don't understand how that is and I still need to keep that chair !. Does it make a difference that I have a thin (but good) carpet glued to concrete as my basement floor where everything is setup ? Does the floor come into play here or is it just the stupid chair ? ? I'm exasperated :-(

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400