Hi All,
Been an Axiom user now for about 6 years and still really like them. I decided to treat myself to a new receiver. I purchased an Onkyo TX-NR870, I connected my front speakers and then the subwoofer rca cable. The minute I plugged it in I started hearing a soft hum/buzz. This is with the unit off, I then went to plug in the HDMI cable from my Blu-Ray player and the minute the shell touched the chassis the buzz got 10X worse. I checked out the sub and found the RCA input jack to be a bit loose. I opened the sub and resoldered all the connections which didn't help. The sub does not buzz with my old reeiver so I'm assumign it's the receivers grounding issues. I spoke with Onkyo service and they said to return the unit. I did and the new unit does exactly the same thing. Any idea's? I tried lifting the ground on the sub power cable and it only made it worse. On another note when I opened up the sub - the plastic casing completely fell to pieces like the plastic is dry rotted. The plastic is so brittle that one touch breaks it off...Any help would be greatly appreciated.