Following on previous posts...I'm purchasing my first Blu-Ray player and am considering waiting for the Oppo BDP-93 or purchasing the Sony PS3. I currently own an older upconverting Oppo DVD player that has been great. I have not owned a gaming console as I'm not a huge gamer.

I'm considering purchasing the Sony PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray player but might start gaming a bit with the kids when they get older. How would the Sony PS3 compare with the Oppo BDP-93 (which should function the same as the BDP-83)? I'm sure they are equivalent as Blu-Ray players but what about load times, speed, etc.? What about up-converting DVD to 1080p 24/60?

I don't care about the universal disc functionality of the Oppo as I don't currently have any DVD-Audio or SACD. I simply want a good Blu-Ray player that plays fast and can up-convert DVDs as good as possible. Would the PS3 be sufficient or should I wait for the Oppo BDP-93? Or get the PS3 now and the Oppo next year smile?

Also, would a new receiver incorporating the ABT 2015 chip be more than sufficient to up-convert/process DVD into 1080p thereby negating the functionality of the Oppo? I could simply pass the DVD output direct from the PS3 and let the the ABT 2015 chip in the receiver do the processing? I'm just not sure how much of the ABT 2015's features are implemented in AVRs using them.

Anways, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Bryan