My Audiobytes died on me recently, and Axiom was very generous in letting me upgrade to the new v3s. I received them today. I won't be able to put them through their paces until the weekend, but I thought I'd make a couple of observations right now.

The most obvious changes are to the subwoofer. Instead of a box, it now resembles a bookshelf speaker (trapezoid and all), with a woofer and a port behind the grill. The grill is magnetic now, which the other Audiobytes already had. The sub is also now available in other colors besides black. I got mine in charcoal, to match the speakers. As far as performance, I'm not sure how it stacks up to the previous sub in output, since I can't really blast it right now, but instead of the three settings like before (Flat, Half, Full), there is now a Sub Trim dial on the back of the amp. That must be why you get a different amp if you're getting the Audiobytes with the sub versus not. Before, the settings were done on the sub itself. I definitely prefer the dial. Much finer control over the integration of the bass. Of course, getting a different powered sub and using the Sub Out would accomplish the same thing.

I'm a fan of these changes. The overall performance seems to be what I remember, but like I said, it's nice to have the finer control over the bass. I look forward to throwing more material at the system over the weekend.