I have a grand total of two speakers, a pair of M80s. I am indescribably happy with the way they sound and how they have brought me back in touch with my music collection.

But, of course, I am planning to upgrade to 5.1 eventually. I am thinking of doing it in steps for budget reasons.

My first instinct for the next step is to go to 4.0 with a pair of QS8 surrounds.

My neighbour, a movie nut with his own rather expensive dedicated home theater, disagrees and says I should get the best center money can buy. I think my M80s produce a pretty darn good phantom center.

An "audiophile" co-worker says I should get a subwoofer next. He has PSB Imagine T's and two REL subwoofers (I forget the model). I think my M80s produce superb bass down to at least 30 Hz, so I am not sure that a subwoofer will give me much extra for the money.

Looking forward to plenty of awesome and conflicting advice from everyone here too. smile

Axiom M80s + QS8s + VP180 <-- Pioneer VSX-1120-K <-- Squeezebox Touch / XBox360 / Oppo BDP-93