Originally Posted By: wid
Originally Posted By: grunt

One thing I’ve always done if I run Audyssey is to write down all the settings, speaker distance, level, crossover, etc. . . so I can always get back to exactly what Audyssey and the receiver calculated w/o having to run it again.

I wish I had done this although I don't care for Audyssey.

I don’t care for Audyssey either. I find it does nothing to help the midrange. Kills the high end if using the “Audyssey” curve and what comes on my receiver isn’t powerful enough to help much for the really crappy room modes I have at the low end. OTOH the Audyssey installed on the SVS AS-EQ-1 does a killer job on the low end, 20Hz and below, but only for one seat.

That’s something I’ve always questioned about Audyssey is how you can apply one curve to each speaker to optimally correct for multiple seats especially when they are spread from wall-to-wall. Each seat is going to need a drastically different EQ curve and timing settings so in the end I just don’t see how it can help all that much unless used for just one seat or a small area fairly centrally located away from side walls.

But then I guess I just don’t know how to use it properly just like I didn’t know how much better an M80 center sounded to a VP150 center either. wink

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1