I have been hit by the upgrade bug and I don’t think I will be able to get any work done until I upgrade.

My current system is as follows:

Sony STR-DE845 - 5.1 receiver with 100 watts per channel (I seriously doubt that is what it puts out).

Fronts - M3ti’s
Center – VP100
Rears – crappy 3 way Yamahas
Sub – Acoustic Research ARS108PSB (nothing special)

My use is 80% HT / 20% music (mostly MP3’s) and the room I am working with is 17x12, with 8 foot ceilings.

I looking for a upgrade route that will give me the best overall sound experience, especially since I will not be able to upgrade again for at least 3 years ( I am a student). The budget is approximately $1000.00.

One upgrade route I have considered is to get a new receiver (I have been told that the weak link in my system is my receiver), either the Yamaha RX-V1400 or the Denon 2803. If I go this way, I would possibly get the QS8’s, or a new sub, or M22ti’s for my fronts (moving the M3ti’s to the rear. Right now, I am leaning towards getting the QS8’s. I am still undecided as to which receiver I should get. Any advice will be very helpful.

Another other option is to purchase a pair of M60’s for my fronts and move the M3ti’s to the rears. My concern with this upgrade route is that my receiver will do very little justice to the speakers.

My goal is to have a well balanced HT system that will satisfy me for the next 3 years. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated. I need to get this upgrade over with so I can be productive again.

Thanks!