Hi,

I've been using this forum to help me design a music only listening room, and have decided on the M80ti's for the main speakers. Alan's posting and online article convinced me that leaving the option for PL II surround was well worth considering, as my goal is maximum enjoyment of a variety of different types of music.

My original thought was a matched set of M80's as the surround pair, but a closer examination of the area in which they'd have to go, which is by the step up into the kitchen/dining area, has convinced me that a floor standing speaker will not work. However, there are some 'bump out' partial walls bracketing the step up that would allow me to wall mount a bookshelf speaker pointing at the listening area. I also know that the brain does process sound coming from behind a bit differently than in front, so exact timbre matching isn't quite as important for the rears.

Thus, I'm considering getting a pair of M3ti's for this duty. I've seen that they've gotten extremely good reviews as musical speakers. Has anyone used these with M80's in a music application? I might mention that I'm planning on 1 or 2 subwoofers, probably Hsu TN-1220HO's. I'm waiting for the Arcam AVR 300 to audition as the electronics.

Thanks