So far I am very impressed. Initially I had planned to spend up to $800 on a receiver but since I am tantalizing close to paying off my car I am pumping as much cash as I can towards my car loan.

The build quality seems very solid and like I mentioned earlier the thing is basically perfect in appearance (and I tend to be picky). The only flaw I can find is the raised Panasonic emblem on the front didn't get fully colored in gold paint (or it wore off somehow).

Sound-wise it is an improvement over the Sony GA8ES it is replacing. Comparing the two in straight up stereo the Sony (120 wpc) may have a tad more bass, but the Panasonic sounds just as clean but with a bit of warmth. I definitely prefer the sound of the Panasonic and once I add a subwoofer that slight difference in bass won't be an issue. I think it is impressive that a receiver with an MSRP of $399 can sound better than one that in it's heyday had an MSRP of $1200.

If anyone out there is looking for a budget home theater receiver I think you should put this one on your short list.

Only real downside I can see is the receiver doesn't have pre-outs for all the channels.

Oh yeah congrats to our Vols for finally remembering how to win a men's bball game.