I received my axioms last week: M2i,vp100,qs4 setup for 95% HT use. I have been listening closely for the past week and I can't decide whether to keep them.

First of all, the vp100 and the qs4s are vastly superior to my existing speakers (Advent Cinema Center and KLH surrounds). They sound wonderful and I know I have to get a new center and surrounds.

My current mains are 10 yr old. Advent Laureate towers with a 1" tweeter and two 6 1/2" woofers. I have been doing a bunch of A/B tests between the two sets of mains with various audio/video sources (DD, DTS, ProLogicII, stereo). My Advents have a much fuller sound, almost three dimentional at times. The Axioms are more precise, but also they sound kinda "thin". I am having a hard time justifying the $255 price tag for no improvement in sound.

I have read a lot of other posts where people are just blown away by the Axioms. Are they moving up from terrible speakers? Am I just too used to the Advents to give the Axioms a chance? Has anybody else had this experience?

Any suggestions on material to make the final decision? Am I better off just looking for a new center and surrounds with the same budget and keeping my Advents?

I want to love the Axioms, and I do really like the VP100 and the QS4s, but I just can't decide whether or not to keep the M2is.