Bump... Here is technical explanation on why time/phase Coherence is mostly nonsense in loudspeaker design.

We’ve done a lot of research in the area. In fact when I made my first loudspeakers at Symdex in 1976, I thought that it was important because that was the fad at the time. With some people, it’s still a fad. But if you look at the way the human hearing functions, you’ll see that time-coherence isn’t important. I actually credit Dr. Stanley Lipshitz at the University of Waterloo with bringing this to my attention, to put it mildly, in the 70’s at Mirage. He and Dr. Vanderkooy came up with a box that would let you alter phase response without altering amplitude response, and by using it you could do listening tests to determine the audibility of phase errors, or time-coherence. It was quite evident then that if you are in an anechoic chamber or you are using earphones, you can detect the difference especially with special clicks that are made to hear it. You can’t always say which is right or better, and as soon as you introduce the room it’s 100% inaudible. The importance of phase is in the crossover region because that’s an indicator of the blending of the transducers that are being crossed over. So in and of itself it’s not a significant thing. And in order to try to optimize it you really sell your soul in terms of things we know are really, really important to sound quality. That is a key fact. It’s not like it’s cost free, audibly, to optimize that parameter.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_2/feature-interview-kevin-voecks-4-2004.html

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne