I am going to use a speaker selector that has "A" and "B" inputs for amplification, so I can listen to different audio source material in different rooms. My main amp is also my home theater amp, which brings up a problem. If i want to drive some speakers with that amp that are not in the home theater, my amp does not have a switch to allow me too disengage the center and surround speakers, so they will continue to produce sound.

I could just hook up another speaker selector (which I own) and turn them on and off via this method, but since I'm not worried about a decline in the number of ohms (I'm not running two or more sets of speakers from the original ouput) can I just use some sort of cheap "kill" switch for each of the three speakers in question, simply turning them "off" (stopping the signal) when I'm using the amp for other rooms? Also, is there a way to do the same thing for the rca subwoofer cable so I could stop the signal when using the amp for non home theater application?

Seems like it should be straight forward, but just thought I'd double check. Thanks