A few months ago I finally set up my HT, with various amts of help from members of this board. Still learning though guys/gals thanks. Now my current problem. I set everything up according to the manual, running all my components thru the Yamaha. Up until last night I never had a reason to try and record using my VCR, Sony SLV-N700. But I tried to record something last night. Nothing came out. I sat there and tried to record, not simply setting a timer. First off I must assume that since I have the VCR connected into the Yamha, I must record while my HT is on. No more simply turning on the TV, and recording that way right? Next I had the Yammy on, set to cable/sat. Picture okay on TV, inserted tape, set VCR to line 1 in, hit record. Let it record for a minute or so. Rewind, play......No picture. But I did pick up the audio. If I insert a pre-recorded tape it plays fine. I thought the blank tape was bad, changed tapes...nothing. I tried playing around with settings....TV set to Sat w/o running the HT, and VCR set to record....Nothing. Yammy on, set to VCR1, TV set to Sat....nothing.. There are 3 choices for input on the VCR...LINE 1...LINE2..Chan3 The only one that picked up anything was LINE1, and that was audio only from the recording. I'm going skiing (Big Boulder) for 2 days figured I'd leave this query while I was gone. What else could I troubleshoot. Or does anyone have an answer or had a similar problem. Or am I simply having a "moment". Thanks

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!!