I almost universally hate sports announcers, but I do enjoy the surround effects with the crowd. And of course plenty of movies and shows on TV are sent with a good soundtrack now.

I switched from Comcast to DirecTV last week and my old Naks have started to give me a new issue to deal with. They make this awful chopping noise if an AC3 signal is sent to any setting on the Processor other than AC3. And the DirecTV box only sends AC3 with HD channels. The non HD channels send ProLogic or none... meaning I have to switch it to those to get sound on those channels (DIY network is really the only non HD channel I watch, unless it's a random secondary movie channel).

So now I'm forced to just turn Dolby to off on the DTV box and ProLogic on the receiver. And now the volume is all off and the 4 channels of ProLogic are mostly inadequate. It really sucks. Most of my viewing, even movies, is via the cable/satellite (OnDemand is quite nice), so I'm kind of screwed. My surrounds are basically ornaments now, unless I go in and change the setting on both the box and the processor... and then remember to change it back.

It's the one drawback so far from switching to DirecTV.