Thanks for all the positive comments smile
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Very nice, Chet. Is the front edge of the M2 flush with the edge of the shelf, rather than being recessed?

The M2 is flush with the shelf it sits on.

Originally Posted By: Randy_P
Very nice, curious if you have tried spreading out the M80's a bit more?

I think I have had them each about 4-5 inches further apart but never really noticed a big change.

Originally Posted By: alan
Hi turbo,

Great-looking room. It has almost a church-like feel to it because of the arched ceiling and the leaded window. Put on the Durufle Requiem mass and I'd kneel and praise the god of music and high fidelity!

Did you or someone custom-build the cabinetry? Or is it purchased? Nice match to the speakers, too..

Alan

Thanks Alan, When we bought the house that was our first impression(it looks like a church). I have always wondered what a barrel vault does to the sound. I did a job in a church once that had round vaults. We noticed that at specific spots around the cathedral if you whispered, someone on the other side of the church could hear you as if you were standing right behind them. It was strange. As for the woodwork luckily one one my jobs is a finish carpenter, so yes I built the stand. Over the years it has gone through a few evolutions smile The last one was stained to match the trim in the house.