I am about to order my first axiom speakers for my renovated family room. I have an Onix Melody Tube amp and play through a squeezebox to my family room presently. I currently have some sealed full range DIY CSS Fr125 speakers installed in the shelving of a TV cabinet in one half of the space. (I have a pdf sketch of the layout but I don't know how to post).

I removed a wall separating a family and living room so we now have a larger L shaped family room with only colums separating the formerly 2 spaces.

I plan on having two sets of speakers in the space each set serving one half but only play one set a time typically depending on where we are seated . I will use an external A/B switch. I plan to have a sub that is shared as well.

For the TV viewing side (20x13)I plan to replace the DIY speakers with some Axiom M2 inwalls that I will build into the existing TV cabinetry for a clean look with grilles painted to match woodwork. I would use the regular M2 bookshelf speakers but these are actually in a bookshelf which I do not believe works well.

For the second set serving the other half of the space (13x13) I am trying to decide between M3 in wall , M3 inwall /Onwall hybrid, and M22 inwall/Onwall hybrids. This is the primary listening area.

My questions are :
1. Will it matter much sound quality wise which I pick in this set-up considering that I will be playing with a sub ? The inwall M3's would be the most wife friendly so I am leaning that way but my desire for optimum sound has me wanting the M22 hybrids ? I listen to everything from Jazz to bluegrass to Zeppelin.

2. What would be a good axiom Sub recommendation for this set-up considering these are for 2.1 channel audio only.

Any comments are appreciated.

Ross

Last edited by Inniswhe; 04/16/11 04:19 PM.