Originally Posted By: medic8r
Yeah, after more reflection, I think I get it.

You like your tube amps. Most people here don't like tube amps, even if they've never heard them, I bet, which is another topic altogether. These people think that solid state is the way to go. Your comments about liking tube amps often bring out the solid state crowd, who smack you around like a piñata. Do this enough times, and I'm sure it gets real old. Annoying. I wouldn't want to be a piñata.

So, you point this out. You voice your frustration. However, You did it in such a way that you implied a conspiracy and insulted people. By lashing back so hard, you made it worse for yourself. If you had said something like, "Say what you want, I like my tube amps," and left it at that, things would have gone a whole lot easier. IIRC, Terry (audiosavant) likes tube amps and has said so here without getting the piñata treatment.

No, that's not the issue, and I believe you are aware of this. However, if you can reduce the conversation to your blatant mischaracterization then you can avoid the issue.

Why don't you just go back to talking about Coke and Pepsi, or evolution? That's a more straightforward and honest diversion of the topic.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.