quote bobt: "By the way, were do you set your volume controls on this?"

what is recommended by Bob Lee, engineer at QSC is that you set everything in the signal chain to the max volume that will ever be used as long as this will not drive any piece of equipment into clipping.
then, you set the amp sensitivity (gain) according to the max SPL level you want to get out of your system.

this ensures that you will have the best S/N ratio all along the signal chain.

on my system, the only piece of equipment that can be adjusted for level is the preamp.
i set the preamp vol. at 12 noon and the amp gain at -12 db.

-12 db was chosen for the fact that at that gain level on the amp, most of what i watch or play on my system at a preamp vol. level of 12 noon is just about the right volume. Some i have to play less loud and some i must increase the vol. level.

if i was to use the amp at max sensitivity, then i would have to back up the preamp volume too much and then the vol. control would be too sensitive to small adjustments, because i adjust volume for music or movies to within one tenth of a dB, very small adjustments, and doing this at the bottom of the range would be very difficult. it's difficult enough when it's at noon position.
my preamp is analog, no precise digital steps as on modern pre/pros; and at the lower vol. positions, the scale is more compressed than at high vol. positions. example: one notch difference at the top of the scale will make a difference of about 1 dB;
one notch difference at the lower end of the scale will make difference of about 3 or 4 dB.
not very useful...

i would recommend that you first set the amp's sensitivity control to -10 dB and do a system calibration. after that, adjust as necessary.

hope i made this clear and easy to understand. :-)

i can't find the info about the fan, will look for it and come back later.