I think that I did okay. smile

Picked this Marantz up a few weeks ago for $160 from a guy who only had a fleeting notion of what it was about. I'm fairly pleased, although it needs a thorough service job since it was clearly in a smoker's home, and has several pounds of dust bunnies inside the cabinet. I was originally looking for something in the 2270 model range, or higher, but these models are typically fetching $400 or more right now...

I really don't give a rat's ass about surround sound or movie use, I'm a music lover and that is why I have opted for a 2-channel dinosaur receiver. Speaking of which, J Mascis' guitar howl sounds excellent through this machine wink

I have to say, it's pretty cool to jump on these forums and have a bunch of you audio experts giving it the two thumbs up or whatever.

Everyone seems to have a different opinion of which speakers to run, but I appreciate the tips. Maybe I need to shell out the extra cash and opt for the towers... and I'll definitely be popping into the factory soon smirk