I started reading the AVS thread when it was mentioned in Blu-ray.com's forum, and I've just read more. I did skim quite a bit, and way too much of it is over my head. I'm glad people are passionate about the hobby, at least. I don't have any intelligence of my own to stamp onto the discussion, but I do hope Axiom keeps finding new ways to improve their products, even if it's not in the ways other people are trying to browbeat them into doing it.

I'm happy with the sound of my system. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop upgrading. It's not really a hobby if you just make one purchase and call it good. That said, I don't want to be overwhelmed with a parade of new and improved products that my wallet can't keep up with. Axiom seems to be what I can keep up with financially. Would I like to spend less and get more? Sure, but I don't really see where else I can do that. Would I like to be able to purchase a price-no-object system without batting an eye? Again, of course, but until I trip over a leprechaun and fall into his pot of gold, Axiom seems like the place I want to be, personally. They've been really good to me, and I have a system I'm proud to show off.

I occasionally get disheartened by issues that crop up, but Axiom invariably takes care of me in the end, often exceeding my own hopes for outcome. Parts "quality" aside, THAT has value to me. Like I said, I don't have the knowledge to debate about inductors, capacitors, bracing, damping, comb filtering vs. acoustic interference or whatever other terms were coming up, but I trust that Axiom has the means and motivation to push forward in research in ways that not many others can. If any of the other "experts" (not saying it with quotes to be snide--I'm simply referring to my inadequacy in knowing if they're the real deal or not) participating in the thread have valid points, here's hoping Axiom can be humble enough to take a point or two into consideration and pursue them. If it makes for better products, then why not? On the other hand, if the research they've done already disproves the benefits of the suggestions, then I have no problem with Axiom sticking to their guns.

Most of all, I just want to express again how much I enjoy my system, and that I look forward to continuing to upgrade with Axiom over the years. I know, I know. I still haven't gotten my VP180 (or two), but I'm really curious about the murmurings of a new line of speakers.