I am as great a fan of Outlaw products as anyone and I have, over the years, purchased several pieces of their equipment including two 7 channel power amps that I am presently using in my system. Unfortunately, the 978 is the third in line of announced products over the last two and a half years that have yet to even come close to being offered for sale and I for one, recently ran out of patience by purchasing one of the new Yamaha RXA series AVRs to use in conjunction with my power amps. The feature set and price has been hard to beat and it sounds great. It also comes with a full FOUR YEAR parts and labor warranty that is somewhat unprecedented in the "mainstream" CE industry today.

The problem is since all these announcements from Outlaw have come and gone, considering how much water has gone under the bridge with new products, increased features and prices steadily coming down, the 978 is already well "behind the eight ball" in pretty much all these categories and we don't even know what the price is going to be yet.

I wish them well, however, for me, not this time.