Thanks to the group for all your suggestions. I went with the Planet 3 rack I was originally considering. After wrestling the beast (94 lbs!) home in my Mustang convertable Friday noght, I assembled it Saturday morning. One side support didn't fit correctly, and I noticed the unit didn't have rollers, so I went to Home Depot. There I got a plane (to shave some particle board of the side support so it would fit), and some rollers. While browsing, I came upon these little plastic deals that you can stick on the bottom so you can move furniture without the need for wheels. I bought them as well (a set of 4 about 3 in x 3/4 in). Sorry, can't remember what they're called, but they work great as long as your floor is clean.

The rest of assembly went OK. The instructions say that the tempered glass shelves can hold up to 35 lbs., but did not specifically state how much the particle board shelves can hold. I'm assuming it's a bit more, and I feel safe with my 44 lbb. power amp on the bottom shelf.

Rewiring the system took longer than anything else. At Home Depot I got some zip ties in various sizes, and used them to bundle cables going in the same general direction, and to tie cables to the center post, thus keeping them out of sight. This is one of the smartest things I have ever done...the cable situation is much better than it was before.

It looks great, and the cables are very unobtrusive, though not entirely invisible. I took some pictures, which I will post later.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"