Ok while we are still in construction we realized the layout of our living room does not work. We will now put the tv on a different wall with our sectional on the opposite wall. The room is 17' long, 14' wide and 9' high. One enitre length is open to the dining room which is open to the kitchen (42' wide in total). Here are my new questions:

1. I am now looking at the in-cabinent M80's. If the cabinent is 20" deep and I sit 12" from the opposite wall my listening distance is now about 11'. How far apart should these speakers be placed? right now I have them so they are 9'5" apart. I want them further however I am worried about having one to far in the corner.

2. My sectional will back straight onto the back wall. I think I've convinced my wife to go for the paintable qs8 vs. some type of in-ceiling speaker. Can I still mount these on the back wall even if my couch is placed against the wall? Are there better options?

3. In the cabinent I am looking to put a horizontal ep-600 below the in-cabinent vp-180 center. I don't think I have any questions about this - just thought I'd mention it.

4. Are these speakers too much for this room?

5. Any pointers on in-cabinent speakers?

Cheers!

Temp.setup - 2.1 - Denon 1713 AVR, Denon 1713 BRD, Paradigm Cinema 200, and Monitor Audio 360 Sub