Okay, sorry if this is turning into a construction build thread, but I'M DONE!!! Not just with the media room, but the entire stinking (and I do mean stinking) basement job I took on two years ago. Last post, I promise:

A quick refresher on the concept drawings:

Finished product:

With Grills:

Screen Down:

Custom grill for the subwoofer. The fabric I bought from Rockler. It's a little more transparent visually- the flash really highlights that. When the lights are full on you get the ghost of a shadow of the driver, I like the effect. And yes, I pulled the Axiom logo of the old grill and put it on my own.

Back of the room. Pics of my kids purposely distorted:

Right Rear Speaker. I'm thinking of adding another QS8 just to the left of middle the column for 7.1 surround. Think it will make much of a difference 4 feet from the rear speaker?:

Left Rear. Same thoughts about adding another QS8 to the right of the middle column:

Looking out the window in the kitchen. Convection microwave mounted in the wall. Great for cookies and brownies:

And finally, my DIY rack. It's not pretty. But when I figured out I could control everything with my iPad/iPhone using Oremote, I ditched the complicated pull out/swivel/look pretty AV rack. Plus, I had this little Next Generation remote extender from when we had our TV above the fireplace and the AV rack in the unfinished basement, so I can use that too. I also ditched the pocket door idea since I wouldn't need to leave the doors open to use the system (anyone need some pocket door hardware?). There are a series of 2.5" holes along the bottom for wires and airflow. Two 33CFM fans on the Onkyo and a 33CFM exhaust fan up top controlled with a coolerguys thermal control unit. The onkyo stays cooler than when I was running it out in the open. It's like a chimney, cool air in the bottom, hot air out the top. The rack is on 22" over-extension slides. The rack itself is only 18" deep. So when it pulls all the way out I have plenty of room to get to the back of the AVR and make connections as needed. It's not pretty, but it works.

Thanks for looking and so long for now. I broke in the room officially with the new Star Wars Blu Ray pack. Good times.