Well, I own the PB1, and it is a great sub. I know Pmbuko, and one or two others on this board also own the PB1. It sounds fantastic for music and movies. My wife (honestly)was actually just commenting how much the SVS has added to the enjoyment of music and movies.

I had of course narrowed it down to SVS and HSU, and frankly, it was HSU's delays in debuting the STF series that pushed me over the edge to SVS. I don't doubt that the HSU STF series are great subs, but I also don't regret purchasing the PB1. It has lived up to its billing, and to my expectations.

With all due respect to Spiff, the reason for getting more sub than you may necessarily use, is that it is there if you want to use it (circular enough for you). In other words, I live in a NYC apartment. I could have easily gotten by with the HSU STF-2 or VTF-2.

But having purchased the PB1, and if I had purchased the STF-3 or VTF-3, I love having the extra headroom for when I really want to crank it. Again, for most of my use, I would have been fine with the STF-2 or VTF-2. But I wouldn't trade down at this point having owned the PB1 for a couple of months. I definitely get my money's worth.

So, I'd agree with the others that you should decide between the STF-3 or PB1. Otherwise, you may be wondering "what if", the first time the STF-2 had trouble with a tough bass scene or piece of music. As to the STF-3 vs. PB1, there will never be a conclusive winner one way or the other. Go with your gut, pick one, and don't look back.