thanks a lot, very helpful and fast reply!

i've actually been told a lot that bose is overrated. i know a lot of audioholics dont seem to like them. i actually had an old pair of bose bookshelf speakers like over 10 years old. they sounded ok but nothing special about them. i also dont like how they hype so much their newer all in one, 2 channel system and try and say its like surround. honestly i havent heard it yet, but i dont see how it could compare to a 7.1 system with quality speakers.

right now im stuck with a 7.1 yamaha receiver which i really like, but my yamaha speakers sure need to be replaced sometime. i mainly use it for gaming, sure is awesome on shooter games to hear the bullets coming from all angles. but even at low volumes, i can hear static and distortion. i actually think my speakers from my sony home theater sounded better but couldnt use them cause the ohms were not right. not only that but my old sony home theater receiver had no hdmi input, and not even a single optical or digital coax(orange rca port). im thinking of keeping the receiver because the only thing i dont like about it is its only got 2 hdmi inputs. but im really leaning towards upgrading the speakers to axiom. i know this company knows their stuff!