Jason:

Checking the ground at the cable block is a good suggestion; however, when I touched my house ground probe to the cable barrel (coax shield) there was no change in the hum, which surprised me. I expected that to work. Only touching it to the Audio Jack barrels made a difference. I'm still waiting for the cable company to call, ha! I expect that I'll have to call them. Meanwhile, the subs are running quietly now.

John:

After making some adjustments to my HT yesterday, I reran the Audyssey Calibration on my Denon AVR-891. After decreasing the twin Velos' volumes to 25 now, it gives a -7.5 db setting. So, starting out at a volume of 40 that gave -10 db with only the Left Line Levels attached, using both L & R Inputs has made a dramatic difference in the Velos' volume settings. I realize that the max volume will not chnage, but it is interesting that these two subs are putting out such good volume (according to Audyssey anyway) at such a low sub volume settings.

Interestingly, a Future Shop customer gave these subs a failing rating due to humming. He returned 2 of them stating they were obviously faulty or a poor design. I surmise that it was a 99% probability that it was his CATV connection.

Tom
Comox, BC