Originally Posted By: J. B.
in my mind, this favoritism for vinyl has most of the time been a thing belonging to "purists".

J.B. a large part of what drove my question was that on the turn table forums, there are people who started out with CD's, that are not of the "vinyl generation" if you will. These are the people who are saying that the vinyl records sound better than their CD's.

The only possible bias that i can think of, would be a wanting to validate their turntable purchase which is entirely possible. However, i found it interesting that the digital cohort (which i am part of) is now becoming fond of vinyl, there have been several articles written discussing the growing popularity of vinyl.

So, i figure for 500$ or so, between the turntable and preamp, i would give it a try. If i decide it's not for me, i should be able to sell the turntable+preamp for about 400$, the turntable has fully depreciated, not much of a loss there.

On a side note, since a lot of us are DIY oriented type of people... I haven't seen many treads like this on other stereo/HT forums.... Jump to around page 8, that is when the photos start showing up.

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9098 s

Last edited by dakkon; 12/05/11 06:25 PM.