Hey guys,

I currently have a 20" Sharp Aquos LCD in my bedroom, but I need to (and want to smile ) get a new TV.

This LCD is still working fine, and has served me well (8 years old and it's literally on every waking hour that I'm home), but it has had this annoying streak across the screen for almost two years, resulting from one of my caregivers cleaning it with Windex. So, I need some advice on the best technology for my environment.

Here's some pertinent info -

- My bed/viewing distance is about 12 feet.
- The bedroom is a bright room.
- There's a window three feet to the left of the TV.
- When I have visitors over, they view the TV from different angles, but nobody has ever said anything about degradation, so I don't think off axis viewing is an issue.

With that said, my current choice is a 40" Plasma. The two main caveats impacting my choice is possible glare and size (is 40" too big for that distance).

Oh, I also currently run coax from a modulator into my current LCD, so I'll have to get something (suggestions smile ) to convert the coax line into a compatible input on the new TV as coax inputs are pretty much obsolete.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Here are two pictures taken from my perspective; just above my head (the computer monitor is swung to the side).

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.