talked to Brent about 15 minutes after your post J.C., he explained that the gain on the new amp is a logarithmic algorithm, where the gain on the version 1 amp was a cubed function. I have the gain at the 1 oclock position so i will adjust up a bit. I am using the XLR input, after telling Brent this i asked if the gain circuitry is the same, I am pretty sure it was not the same on the V1 amps, he is going to see if the gains are the same for the XLR and RCA inputs.

Hahaha, i had this reply typed and didn't submit it.

SirQuack, your right im not a Newby.. I was use to the old amp... The new amps logarithm for the gain threw me off, the old amp you set to the 9 oclock position and adjusted everything off of that, the new one is 1 oclock, i didn't know that.. Tomorrow i will adjust the gain on the 600 slightly more to the 2 oclock postion, as at the 1 oclock position i think your getting close to the vertical slope in the function.

John, after talking to Brent, he had the exact same initial impression that i did, he wasn't aware of the change in the gain logarithm upon initially getting his V2 amp either. I will adjust the gain on the amp tomorrow and report back... Right now the gain on the processor for the amp is +7, this is exactly where Brent's was when he first got his amp as well, when he adjusted the gain on the amp to the 2 oclock position he was able to turn the gain on his processor down to 0, i hope to do the same.

Last edited by dakkon; 12/15/11 05:27 AM.