Samsung is unveiling a hybrid vacuum tube sound dock. I think this is a neat little innovative product in the mainstream audio/portable market despite what we all think about the lower fidelity that sound docks offer to full scale systems. I think this sound dock looks a lot better than most as well.

"Previously only available in premium audio products, vacuum tubes amplifiers have been praised by audiophiles for producing more natural sounds, but these sounds were occasionally subject to distortion. Digital amplifiers deliver clear sound output, are more energy efficient and can fit into a smaller form factor. By combining the best of both, Samsung has achieved a technology breakthrough, thereby raising the bar in sound quality for mainstream audio products. The vacuum tube is used in the pre-amplifier while the power amplifier uses digital technology so the audio dock is able to maintain its beautifully slim body."

http://www.samsung.com/us/news/newsRead.do?news_seq=20042&page=1&gltype=localnews

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne