Ken, why not ask the Gas co how much it would cost to tie the lamp into the house supply? that seems like the easiest solution to this entire problem....

Also, i am in the middle of a patio project... Our house gas supply goes right under the patio, i dug with a spade shovel to find the gas line.. Our gas co (Atmos) wouldn't do crap to help me find the line.... a private line locator to locate JUST the gas line, wanted 500$.... So i dug, and dug, and dug... my gas line was 3' below grade, and is a orange, aluminium/plastic line.. The line locator guy was nice enough to give me some pointers on how to find the line on my own without doing any damage (he said he worked for Atmos for 12 yr)....when i did get to the line, the line was hard/slick enough that my shovel glanced off of it.. I was digging about 1-2" pieces at a time, and not using a whole lot of foce....

I hope this helps you some, if you decide to do part of the project yourself.

Also, get wasp spray
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?i...ved=0CF8Q8wIwAg

it has about a 7' or so reach, so you dont have to get to close... it is VERY effective at killing them as well... i have a couple bottles around the house....