I only recently have a receiver with room correction. Part of my stereo enjoyment is moving my speakers around and listening for a few days and then moving them again. Experimenting, refining what I thought sounded the best.

Here is a picture of my M80's in my room after room correction in the spots where I felt they sounded the best. I did not think much about it until I started moving things around and rerunning MCCAC. The graph would change dramatically with small movements of toe or position.

It was just a good feeling to see what I could do with my own two ears and diligence. I also got help from a room calculator that suggested starting points. It has me excited to see what I can correct with room treatments at the higher frequencies.

I know that the receiver correct for more than what the picture shows, and I do like the correction. But I need to learn more about it. Yesterday, I put my M3's on top of the 80s, turned off the room correction and watched 2 episodes of Game of Thrones. I was blown away by the quality of those M3s yet again. I am going to experiment more this weekend.

However you enjoy our silly little hobby, have fun my friends.

Last edited by Lampshade; 03/23/12 03:23 PM.

M3 and
M80