Originally Posted By: ghost271
What is the bass like out of the 160 ? If you have Tron could you do a test for me. The scene where theyre about to start the light cycle race and Qs side kick is about to give his speech. The fireworks are going off everywhere. How clear are the 'snaps' and 'pops' as they explode. My brothers Klipsch make them nice and clear. With the M60s and 150, they sound more subdued.

I know the scene. With the EP500 turned off the explosions are decent and not what I'd call, subdued. There's a far amount of kick to the low end with each burst. But, of course with the EP500 engaged, the scene is a monster of pops and rumbles. You should also compare the first scene in Star Wars Episode III. The rumble of the Star Destroyer has a lot of power to it.

Just this weekend I watched Master & Commander and season two of Sherlock. Both were amazing audio experiences. In something like Sherlock which is primarily dialog driven, the VP160 really fills out the image well. From the faintest sound of John Watson's neck twisting in his sweater's collar to fingers tracing lines on paper, I am able to hear the smallest details. I really like this new speaker.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." Al Swearengen