fhw

Good/fun question!
As you see, if you don't tie down the types of music you enjoy, then you will get recommendations of ALL types - and perhaps thats what you really want!

For me (an old rock and roller) I have been a fan of the Alan Parsons Project - since (well let's not go back TOO far) a long time. You probably have heard a few songs from him (like Eye in The Sky - or Games People Play) But I will tell you this: Almost any album from him (if you like his kind of music) will be terriffic when it comes to recording, engineering, and sonic purity. As a grammy winner for engineering/producing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, he really knows his stuff. He doesn't write or sing all that much, but he knows great sound!

My personal all time favorite is "Pyramid" followed closely by "I Robot" and "Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allen Poe" Granted these were recorded a long time ago, but they still stand up well today.

And hey - that Pink Floyd album (OK.. CD) sounds pretty Dang good too!

(You know - an "album" is just a collection of songs. A "record" or "record album" is a collection on vinyl. OK I got that off my chest! - it's a pet peeve! - sorry)

Randyman