Originally Posted By: dakkon
I am going to go look at an integra processor tomorrow... However, i was just thinking about getting a video processor instead of an entire processor... I like the processor that i currently have, it just doesn't have HDMI...

DVDO has been a fairly popular budget video scaler for as long as i can remember... I would want to stay under about 2k$ for a video scaler.... Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about video scalers, John?

My sources will be
oppo BD 83, maybe a 95 if i decide to upgrade...
some cable company, depending on where i am living...
Maybe an apple tv, for netflix..?

I would concur with others in that the Lumagen is the best in the business today. One important note is that you can now buy what they call a "Lumagen Radiance Mini" 3D which is designed to operate between an AVR/Pre-Pro. It doesn't have the inputs and outputs that the XS and XE do but when it operates between the AVR and the monitor, you really don't need them anyway. It has pretty well all the features of the others including a very sophisticated software system including a complete 21 point grayscale and Color Management system along with built in test patterns which, if you desire, can do some pretty sophisticated calibrations on your monitor and the video scaling is unprecedented. You won't find anything close to this in performance on any AVR/Pre-Pro regardless of price.

It is only about $300-400 more($1500) than the DVDO Duo with a much longer shelf life capability, many more features, and has been already stated, better support. I don't have the direct link but check out "Curtpalme.Com" and you will get a price better than ordering it directly from Lumagen. They seem to have very few resellers.