About 8 years or so ago, I stumbled across this forum as I was looking to get my first “real” stereo system. I wound up getting a pair of m60’s and an HK3480 receiver and was truly thrilled with the sound. After awhile, we built out a home theater system in the basement, and the m60’s we’re moved downstairs and were joined a VP150 and QS8’s, sub, and Onkyo receiver. The sound is truly better than at the movie theater.

Alas, I missed having a stereo in the living room, so I’m finally ordering a new pair of speakers for a dedicated two channel setup. I’ve decided to get these speakers in real wood, so I’ve ordered a few samples from Axiom (Walnut with Cinnamon, and Cherry Nutmeg), and waiting for those to arrive gives me time to finalize the speaker choice.

I’ll be dusting off the old HK 3480, which I think should provide plenty of juice for my small to medium sized living room. I really loved the sound of the m60’s, but sometimes would have liked a little more bass. So this pushes me to ordering the m80’s. I think the new omni-directional speakers would probably be way overkill for me, and would bust the budget to boot.

Anyway, I don’t think I have any real questions, I’m just excited to be ordering some new speakers. Feel free to comment though, I’d love any feedback that anyone might have.

M60's
VP150
QS8's
HSU STF-2
Onkyo TX-SR805
Audiobytes for the PC