I use to race an Associated B4, as well as a Speedmerchant 1/12th scale pan car.

I still have all of my gear and chargers/batteries ect. However, i haven't been able to race that much in the last 1 1/2 years due to school... It is a very fun hobby to me.. And MUCH less expensive than racing real cars, which is one of my other hobbies.....

At the track i use to go to. Off road would often have 2 heats of Slash trucks, they were Very popular due to their cost, as well as their indestructibility... I have a buddy who is pretty good friends of the the owner of Traxxas. He siad that when they are testing a new product, they get the secretaries to test them, they let them beat the crap out of the product to see if they can break anything, after the secretaries do their testing, then the product will go to the team drivers for their opinion... This is not the usual testing procedures of most of the companies that manufacture for this hobby, usually the team drivers get first dibs... And, since they never wreck, the weak parts are not addressed....

There were a couple times that the Traxxas team drivers were participating in a "regular" race day at the track i use to go to.. They were pretty cool guys, and were helping almost everyone with any Traxxas product. Giving them setup tips ect...