i have a vp150 as my centre channel speaker. it's served me well, but recently i altered my set up with a new tv stand and receiver and every now and then i notice that dialogue will sound harsh or shrill on certain notes. it's hard to explain exactly what it is, almost like it's too bright, or there is some sort of vibration.

about my current set up - yamaha rx-a800 (although i've also tried a yamaha rx-v667 and pioneer vsx1021k with similar results) with m60s and qs8s.

i have the bass crossover set at 80hz, and have tried adjusting the level downwards for the centre speaker - and that helps if i lower it enough, but then i miss some of the dialogue.

it's an original vp150. what are the differences between the v.2 and v.3? i should note that the little stick on rubber feet are long gone. i thought perhaps it was vibration causing the harshness so i stuck a couple of dvd cases with foam around them to raise the speaker, but that didn't really help. are those little rubber feet so important?

any ideas?

Last edited by Rui; 04/17/12 06:11 AM.