Thanks Ed and Mike, we are really digging the lights, I believe the electrician said all of the lights in the kitchen are less than 9 watts total. Mike I wasn't here whenever they were installed but my wife say's these are 'cool white', we did have two cabinets in the kitchen that had brighter white lights installed mistakenly and we didn't like the color, they were a very artificial whiter light and they just didn't look natural.

Here's the connectors for the strips...

Placement under the cabinet is something you'll need to keep in mind also, the kitchen and den lights didn't come in the same shipment so the electrician installed the den lights and came back a week later to do the kitchen whenever those lights came in. Whenever he first installed the den lights he taped them along the inside front leading edge of the cabinet and it created a shadow line on the cabinet top so whenever he came back the second time we had him move the lights back towards the middle of the cabinet. The first picture shows how much he moved them back.

Here's a couple of pics of the transformer and junction box the electrician used...

Rick
Our Room

smile