Originally Posted By: Shoie
I know, it's pretty (really) bad, but HSU includes these fees as part of their quote. Although, shipping anything 300lbs this far can't be cheap. The only extra charge should be the duty. I wonder if Axiom deals with the same issues going from Canada into the USA?

The way the law is "suppose" to be is if the item is when imported in to Canada, categorized and clearly shown on the box as being "Made in the USA", there should be no customs or import duties on the item, just maybe a minimal brokerage charge because it should clear almost automatically. The trouble with UPS is that they are still charging the same charges no matter what or where it is from. I ordered something from a company back a few years ago that was clearly marked as being "made in the USA" and cost $400.00 yet, UPS hit me with a brokerage fee of almost $160.00! They said it was a percentage of the value but I couldn't pinpoint down how they came up with the fee and they were hesitant to tell me. Unfortunately, when it gets in to large items like speakers, the postal service doesn't handle those so that only leaves essentially UPS or FedEx and it is a real scam.

Since Axiom is Made in Canada, I am not exactly sure and perhaps the guys here from the US could advise, but the same rules apply to a product manufactured domestically as opposed to being originally imported then shipped out. Minimal additional duties and/or taxes "should" apply.